The Vol State Testing Center on the Gallatin campus is located in the Warf Building, Room 126, and houses a testing facility that can provide testing for up to thirty-three (33) examinees. Vol State also has testing centers on the campuses in Livingston, Springfield (Highland Crest), and Cookeville (CHEC).
- To schedule an appointment on the main campus in Gallatin, please call the Testing Center directly at 615-230-3484 or email email@example.com.
- For Livingston testing information, call 1-800-563-8220 ext. 5217.
- For Highland Crest testing information, call 615-433-7032.
- For the CHEC testing center, click http://cookevillecampus.org/academics/student-testing-center.html.
Students should contact a testing center at least two weeks in advance to schedule a mid-term and/or final exam appointment. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated during mid-term and final exam weeks. When scheduling an exam, students must allow enough time to be able to complete testing before the Testing Center's published closing time.
Please note that, before scheduling the Business Exit Exam and/or Paralegal Exit exam, students must complete the Business Review and/or Paralegal Review first. Contact the Business Division at 615-230-3301 for review information for the Business Exit Exam. For information regarding the Paralegal Review, please contact the Social Science and Education Division at 615-230-3231.
Hours of Operation
The Gallatin Testing Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. CST, as well as one Saturday per month from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. CST. The Testing Center also offers extended evening hours during mid-term and final exam weeks. Please contact the other testing locations directly for their hours of operation.
Fall Testing Schedule:
**Except as noted below, the Testing Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
|Event||Dates||Testing Center Hours|
|HiSET Testing||Wed., Sept. 7||CLOSED|
|Extended Hours||Mon., Sept. 12 - Thu., Sept. 15||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Sept. 17||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|HiSET Testing||Tue., Sept. 20||CLOSED|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Oct. 1||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Extended Hours||Mon., Oct. 3 - Thu., Oct. 6||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Oct. 8||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|HiSET Testing||Thu., Oct. 13||CLOSED|
|HiSET Testing||Tue., Oct. 25||CLOSED|
|HiSET Testing||Thu., Nov. 3||CLOSED|
|Extended Hours||Mon. Nov. 7 - Thu., Nov. 10||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Nov. 12||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|HiSET Testing||Wed., Nov. 16||CLOSED|
|HiSET Testing||Wed., Nov. 30||CLOSED|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Dec. 3||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|Extended Hours||Mon., Dec. 5 - Thu., Dec. 8||8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Saturday Testing||Sat., Dec. 17||8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
|HiSET Testing||Tue., Dec. 20||CLOSED|
|CAMPUS CLOSED||Mon., Dec. 26 - Mon. Jan. 2||CLOSED|
What is required of examinees utilizing the Center?
- Examinees must contact the Testing Center in advance to schedule an appointment. Walk-in availability cannot be guaranteed.
- Examinees must pay the appropriate test fees, if applicable, prior to testing.
- Examinees must present current, unexpired photo identification for entry into the Testing Center. Photocopies, faxes, and smartphone photos of ID's are not acceptable.
- Examinees must be aware of the Testing Center's operating hours and allow plenty of time to complete testing before the Center's published closing time.
- No food, drink, cell phones, and/or other electronic devices are permitted in the Testing Center.
- No children or other adults may accompany examinees into the Testing Center. Children may not be left unattended on campus or in the Center while examinees are testing, and the Center cannot be responsible for children or adults who require care and supervision while examinee is testing.
What services are available to students with disabilities?
Accommodations and support services are provided to students with disabilities who register with the Office of Disability Services. The Testing Center strongly encourages students with disabilities to contact the Office of Disability Services at (615) 230 - 3472 prior to any testing to discuss possible accommodations.
Test Security and Academic Dishonesty Policy
The Testing Center strives to provide test security by carefully tracking tests and scrap paper. In addition, the Testing Center supports and adheres to standards for academic honesty set forth in the student code. Incidents of academic dishonesty in the Testing Center are treated seriously. Students found to be cheating will lose Testing Center privileges for all classes for the remainder of the semester. If a student is observed using unauthorized aids, the Testing Center Staff will:
- Stop the student and quietly ask him or her to leave the Testing Center.
- Collect the test and all unauthorized aids.
- Retain the test and all materials as documentation of an invalid test administration.
- Report the incident, in writing, to the instructor, division dean, appropriate administrator, and/or testing publisher.
- Inform the student to contact the instructor, if applicable.