The Office of Veterans Affairs

Required Documents

Veterans Certification Request Form Information

Students desiring to use their Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or Department of Defense (DoD) educational benefits for a semester (see Required Documents list below), are required to fill out and complete a Veterans Certification Request Form (VCRF).  Be sure to have registered courses verified by an Academic Advisor to show they follow the chosen degree/certificate plan.  The VCRF also includes a Student Responsibility Statement and Student Veteran/Dependent Tuition & Fees Payment Deferment Request. It can be accessed here: VCRF

NOTE:  If students have registered for classes and are planning on using VA/DoD educational benefits for the semester be sure to complete the VCRF for registered courses prior to the Tuition and Fees due date for the semester.  If the VCRF is not completed by this date, the student may be purged from their courses and the Vol State Veterans Affairs Office may not be able to certify your classes for payment in time.

Required Documents to Use Educational Benefits:

Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) OR Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty (Chapter 30) (Copies):

MGIB-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606) OR Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607) (Copies):

Dependents Education Assistance (Chapter 35) (Copies):

Department of Veterans’ Affairs Vocational Rehabilitation (Voc Rehab) (Chapter 31):

Military Service Tuition Assistance

Contact your unit’s education office for details for applying for tuition assistance.  Rules for the use of tuition assistance change regularly, so be sure to ask for the current limitations of the program and how to apply. MYCAA

Transfer benefits to Vol State from another school:

Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607 complete the VA form 22-1995 through Veterans Online Application website: VONAPP
Chapter 35 complete VA form 22-5495 through Veterans Online Application website: VONAPP