Work-Based Learning/Cooperative Education is offered through a 3 hour credit-bearing course, BUSN 2395 (Business Applications) or LGM 280 (Logistics Management Cooperative Work Experience). Students have the opportunity to integrate knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting.
To participate in the off campus, work-based learning program, please read the BUSN 2395 - Business Applications Syllabus for further instruction. Link provided below.
Forms & Documents
For students with disabilities
For students with disabilities:
It is the student's responsibility to self-identify with the Office of Disability Services to receive accommodations and services in accordance with The Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). Only those students with appropriate documentation will receive services. For further information, contact the Office of Disability Services at X3472 or visit the office which is located on the ground floor of the Wood Campus Center.
Disability Services: (615)-230-3472 (615)-230-3488 TTD
Disability Services Website www.volstate.edu/disability
Advantages to the Employer
- Co-op provides a ready-made training and recruitment program reducing present costs.
- Co-op creates an opportunity to observe future employees with a minimum commitment.
- Co-op enables business and industry to participate in and influence the educational process.
- Co-op motivates permanent employees toward continued learning opportunities.
Advantages to the Student
- You gain the experience that will make it easier for you to find employment when you graduate.
- You have the opportunity to explore a potential career without investing lots of time and money.
- You have the chance to earn college credits and money.
- You have the chance to draw connections and analyze relationships between your job and what you are learning in school.
- If you are already working when you enter the program, your employer will become increasingly aware that you are a motivated individual and deserving of additional training and promotion.