A2 Admission Assessment
The A2 Admission Assessment is required for admission to the ADN program in the TSU School of Nursing. The A2 is published by Evolve /Elsevier and is sometimes referred to as the HESI Entrance Test. It is only administered in the Testing Center on the Gallatin campus, in Warf 126. The Center only administers the sections of the A2 that are required of the TSU ADN program, which are:
- Reading Comprehension
- Personality Profile
Individual parts of the A2 Admission Assessment are not timed; however, the total test session is limited to three (3) hours.
- A2 Test Schedule:
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
1:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Monday, February 15, 2016
9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Exam Fee
Total cost of exam is $61 ($36 payable online to Elsevier, and a $25 administrative fee paid directly to Vol State). Exam fees are non-refundable and cannot be used for rescheduling or transferred to another person. Examinees are responsible for selecting the correct test, correct date, and correct time when test fees are paid.
- Test Preparation
Study guides are available. To purchase by phone, call 1-800-401-9962 and request ISBN #9781416056355. To purchase online, go to http://evolve.elsevier.com and type “admission assessment” into the site search window.
- Test Registration and Test Fee Payment
There are three steps in the Test Registration and Fee Payment process that must be completed in order to take the A2 Admission Assessment at the Vol State Testing Center. Examinees must begin this process in advance to allow adequate time for each step and meet all required deadlines.
Step One—Select Test Date and Pay Registration/Administration Fee:
- The deadline for this step is one week in advance so that there is sufficient time for the other steps in the process.
- Call the Vol State Testing Center at 615-230-3484 and reserve a date and time to take the exam.
- Pay the $25 administration fee directly to Vol State.
Step Two—Create a Student Evolve Account:
- There is no cost for this step.
- Go to http://evolve.elsevier.com/exam and complete the steps to open an Evolve account and get a username and password.
- All examinees MUST must know their Evolve username and password on exam day.
Step Three—Payment of Evolve Test Fee:
Examinees will receive an email from Vol State with specific payment information approximately two weeks before the exam. The following information will be in the email:
RN Admission Assessment (A2) -
To submit payment, login to Evolve using this link and then click on the "My Exams & Remediation" link to complete the required payment information.
Please visit http://evolvesupport.elsevier.com and click on the Student Support & FAQs area on the right-hand side of the page if problems are encountered during this process.
- On Test Day
- Examinees must report 15 minutes before scheduled exam time.
- Examinees must bring valid, government-issued, photo ID (issues in the same name that is listed on the exam registration).
- Examinees must bring confirmation of the $36 exam fee paid to Evolve.
- Examinees must know their Evolve username and password.
- Score Report
Examinees will see individual scores at the completion of each part of the test. When all parts of the test are completed, examinees will click on Summary Score Report and the Admission Assessment Report will be printed. The test administrators/proctors will not interpret what scores mean or advise students regarding A2 Admission Assessment results. Required scores are determined by the TSU nursing program.
A2 Admission Assessment Score Reports are available only from Evolve. Score Reports are not available through the Vol State Testing Center. A detailed score report will be emailed to the address provided when the Evolve account was created. It may take several weeks for the detailed score report to be received. At that time, examinees may also access their Evolve accounts and order additional score reports.
The TSU School of Nursing requires that examinees wait 30 days before re-taking the A2 Admission Assessment. When the detailed score report is received from Evolve, it will include remediation suggestions that may be helpful to examinees preparing to re-test.