Volunteer State Community College uses a Student Management System called "Banner". Banner is what students use when registering for classes.
All students are given a Student User Account to access MyVolState.
Student User Account Information
Students are given a permanent Student ID and a Username when their application for admission is processed.
Facts about your Student ID number/Username:
- The Student ID is also known as a "V" number or "User ID".
- The Student ID always begins with a capital "V" and is followed by 8 numbers.
- The Student ID number is a uniquely identifiable number.
- Always keep your Student ID number with you.
- Should you need your username, please contact the IT Help Desk at 615-230-3302 or 1-888-335-8722 Ext. 3302.
- You will need your Student ID number when contacting the IT Help Desk.
HINT: The Student ID number can be found on your Student Identification Card issued by the college.
Students are given a temporary password after enrollment (usually 6 digits). If you do not have your temporary password, please contact the IT Help Desk at 1-888-335-8722 Ext. 3302 or 615-230-3302. This temporary password will need to be changed before entering the My VolState Portal.
Facts about your Password:
- The password is case sensitive. Please pay close attention when entering or changing the password.
HINT:Check the "Cap Locks" button prior to entering the new password.
- The password is also used as the Password when logging into the Student Email system or the Library Resources.
- Once changed from the temporary password, the password MUST contain 8 characters, an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter and a number.