The Office of Student Life & Diversity Initiatives
We offer educational, cultural, leadership and social activities to meet the needs of a diverse student body.
Student Life coordinates:
- Student activities
- Student organizations
- Evening student services
- Diversity initiatives
- Student ID's
To obtain your student ID and parking decal:
- You must be registered for classes in the upcoming semester.
- You must be able to show receipt of payment for your tuition OR verification of confirmed Financial Aid.
- All new students must show a government issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license).
- All returning students must present their Volunteer State Student ID.
Student IDs are required of all Volunteer State Community College students and are made in Office of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives (Wood 215), Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and Monday through Thursday from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm and on in Wood 217. Times may vary between semesters and on college holidays. Limited Saturday dates are available near the beginning of each semester.
- Your Student ID is valid for one year running from August 31 to August 31.
- Do not destroy or discard your ID card after the one year period. Take the card to the Office of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives for the card to be renewed.
- To replace lost ID cards, there will be a $10.00 charge. Replacement fees are to be paid in the Business Office. Please bring the receipt with you to the Office of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives to have a replacement ID made.
- ID cards are required to use computer labs on campus, check out books from the library, change your records, pick up financial checks, sell your textbooks back in the Bookstore, and conduct other forms of official College business, and may be required for admission to and/or participation in certain college sponsored events and activities, including home athletic competitions. Current IDs may be used to receive discounts at participating local businesses.
Parking decals can be picked up in the Office of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives, Evening Services and temporary tags can be obtained with Campus Police.
- All Volunteer State Community College students, employees, and foundation trustees must display a VSCC parking decal.
- Volunteer State Community College distributes two types of parking decals:
- Exterior decals adhere to the outside of the vehicle’s driver-side back window in the lower corner.
- Interior Decals are pressure sensitive and utilize static cling to stick on the inside of the vehicle’s driver-side back window in the lower corner.
- Vehicles with tinted glass are not allowed to use interior decals. Jeeps and convertibles may display either an exterior or interior parking decal on the driver-side lower corner of the front windshield. Motorcycle operators are not required to obtain or display a parking decal.
- A VSCC parking decal is valid from August 31 to August 31 each year.
- A “guest parking” permit is properly displayed when it is face up on the dashboard of the parked car. Guest permits may be obtained from the Campus Police Office.
- It is the responsibility of the student or employee to notify Campus Police if a vehicle will be left in a campus parking lot overnight.
- It is the responsibility of the student or employee to notify Campus Police when using a rental car without a parking decal. Those individuals may obtain a day pass from the Campus Police Office.
- A lost or stolen decal must be reported immediately to Campus Police.
For full information regarding parking decals and parking locations, please refer to the traffic and parking regulations found in the Student Handbook.
Wood Campus Center, Room 105; (615) 230 - 3595
Student Life and Diversity Initiatives
Wood Campus Center, Room 215; (615) 230 - 3461
Wood Campus Center, Room 217; (615) 230 - 3447 or (615) 230 - 3492
Educational Enhancement Resources
- Testing Center
- College Success Zone
- Disability Services
- Career Placement
- Financial Aid
- Career/Vocational Technical Education