The Service Learning Process
Once your service learning project is complete, please take a moment to tell us about it by filling out the Service Learning Class Activity Report Form.
Here’s a step by step guide for students on how to participate in the service learning process at Vol State.
- Fill out the Student Needs Assessment.
- Familiarize yourself with the Student Guidelines.
- Work with your instructor or advisor to determine the details of your project, then you are ready to apply to a Student Service Learning Project
- Print the Waiver of Liability, sign it, and return it to your instructor/advisor.
- Take the Pre-Service Survey prior to beginning your service-learning project.
- Once you are ready to begin your service-learning project, print out the Time Log. Each time you visit the location of your service-learning placement, make sure to log your hours.
- Once you have completed all the hours of service required for your service-learning project, take the Post-Service Survey.
- Congratulations on completion of your service, you are making a difference!