- What if I've taken a semester off?
- If you have taken either the fall or spring semester off (didn't enroll in classes), you will need to readmit to the college. If you took classes in the spring semester and have only taken off the following summer semester, you do not need to fill out a readmit. The application for readmission can be completed online and allows us to update your records.
- What's PRIDE Online my PIN?
- Your PIN is your birth date in 6-digit format (Example: If your birth date is May 10, 1967, your PIN is 051067) unless you have changed it. You can only enter your PIN incorrectly three times. After that, you will get locked out of the system until the next business day.
You can change your PIN using PRIDE Online to any combination of 6 digits.
- What's my PRIDE Online Student ID?
- Your Student ID begins with a capital V and is printed on your welcome letter to the college. If you have misplaced that information, contact the Office of Records & Registration at 615-230-3466 for help.
- Why am I having difficulty registering?
- There are three main reasons why students can't register:
If you don't think these reasons apply to you, contact the Office of Records & Registration by calling (615) 230 - 3466 (toll-free: 1-888-335-8722, extension 3466).
- You have a registration hold.
- You have not applied to the college, need to readmit, or your application for admission or readmit hasn't been processed.
- It is prior to your early registration appointment time.
- What's a Registration Hold, and how do I get it fixed?
- Students get registration holds for many different reasons. You might have a hold for not paying a fee or other charge you have been assessed or having overdue Library materials. Many students also have holds placed on their record for not submitting all of the required information for admission to the college or required Financial Aid paperwork. Students who have been academically suspended also may have a hold. You can find out basic information about your hold by selecting the Holds option in PRIDE Online.
If you need additional information or clarification about your hold, contact the office listed or the Office of Records & Registration by calling (615) 230 - 3466 (toll-free: 1-888-335-8722, extension 3466). If someone in Records & Registration cannot assist you, we will refer you to the appropriate office.
- Do I have to contact my advisor before registering?
- If you are a new student, you will have a hold for orientation and advising placed on your account. You will need to do both prior to registering. If you are a continuing student, you are strongly encouraged to contact your advisor prior to registration each semester to ensure that you are meeting your academic requirements for your degree.
- What is the course call number, and where can I find it?
- The call number is the 5-digit number you will use when you register for your classes using PRIDE Online or on PRIDE. It appears first in the Class Schedule on the row where information about a course is listed.
10618 ENGL 1010 501 English Comp I
- What does the section number mean?
- The section number of the course appears right before the course title in the Class Schedule on the row where information about a course is listed.
10618 ENGL 1010 501 English Comp I
The section number of a course also helps to separate it from all other courses with the same name. No two English Comp I courses will have the same section number. The section number also can give you some hints about the course.
- If the section starts with "R", the course is a Regents Online) class.
- If the section starts with "C" the course is a VSCC online class.
- If the section starts with "5", the course is an evening class and may meet at an off-campus site.
- If the section starts with "W", the course is a weekend class.
- If the section starts with "V", the course is a video, or CD-ROM based class.
- What information do I need to know if I call the college for information or help about a specific course.
- When you call the college, you will need to know the course rubric, number, & section. The course call number is only for use with the online or phone registration systems.