To borrow items from the Library, please present a Vol State Student ID or Faculty/Staff ID card. Community patrons may present a valid Tennessee driver’s license and fill out a form to borrow items.
Loan periods for materials vary depending upon your status and the material type. For the general collection, the loan period is as follows:
|Status||Loan Period||Special Notes|
|Students||2 weeks||2 renewals|
|Faculty||8 weeks||Exempt from fines|
|Staff||4 weeks||Exempt from fines|
|Community patrons||2 weeks||No renewals|
CIRCULATION FOR OTHER MATERIALS
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Special Notes|
|Reference materials||Library use|
|Videotapes||Library use||7 day loan for Faculty/Staff only|
|Browsing and Audio books||2 weeks|
|Type of Material||Fines||Maximum Fine|
|General Collection books, Browsing books, Audio books||$.10 per day||$3.50 per item|
|Reserve materials||$1.00 per day||$5.00 per item|
Items may be renewed in person, by telephone (615) 230 - 3402, or online. To create an online account, please click on “my account” at the search screen in the library catalog.
There are book drops located inside and outside the library. Please hand overdue items to a library staff person.
Volunteer State Community College Library's laptop computers are available for use in the Library by current Vol State students. You must have a current Vol State Student identification card to check out the laptop computer from the Circulation Desk. Borrowers are financially responsible for loss or damage to the laptop computers or any accessories.
- Laptop computers may be used in the Library only for up to 3 hours and are non-renewable.
- Laptop computers operate on battery power-approximately 2 hours. You may use the power cord if needed.
- No food or drinks should be in the immediate vicinity, as damage fees will be assessed accordingly.
- Never leave your laptop computer unattended. You are financially responsible for any loss or damage while in your possession.
- Late charges are $1 per hour.
- For help, please see the computer lab assistant located o the first floor of the Library.
You can search by course name or instructor name. Follow the instructions on the screen.