Information You do Not Need to Acknowledge
It's common sense
There are two situations where you might use information without citing a source:
- Common knowledge. If most readers, like yourself, would likely know the information, you do not need to acknowledge the source.
- Your own ideas, discoveries, and reasoning.
Examples of information that do not need to be cited:
- The capital of Indiana is Indianapolis.
- I believe that community college students who work and take classes need to be very organized.
- The price of gasoline is more than $3.00 a gallon this spring.