Volunteer State Community College uses a Student Management System called "Banner". Banner is what students use when registering for classes.
All students are given a Student User Account to access Pride Online, Student Email, and MyVolState Online.
Student User Account Information
Students are given a permanent Student ID when their application for admission is processed.
Facts about your Student ID number:
- The Student ID is also known as a "V" number or "User ID".
- The Student ID always begins with a capital "V" and is followed by 8 numbers.
- The Student ID number is a uniquely identifiable number.
- Always keep your Student ID number with you.
HINT: The Student ID number can be found on your Student Identification Card issued by the college.
Students are given a temporary PIN after enrollment. If you do not have your temporary PIN, please contact the IT Help Desk at 866-451-5469. This temporary PIN can be used only once. After the first succesful entry into the Pride Online registration system, the user will be asked to create a new PIN.
Facts about your PIN:
- The PIN is also known as a "Password".
- The PIN is always 6 characters in length. If more than 6 characters are entered, the system stops after the first 6 characters.
- The PIN is case sensitive. Please pay close attention when entering or changing the PIN.
HINT:Check the "Cap Locks" button prior to entering the new PIN.
- The Pride Online registration system will ask a user to change their PIN after 40 days.
- The PIN is also used as the Password when logging into the Student Email system, the MyVolStateOnline system, or the Library Resources.
- After a PIN has been changed, it takes 24 hours for the password to change in the Student Email system, MyVolStateOnline system, and the Library Resource system.
HINT:Please use your previous PIN for 24 hours to access the Student Email system, MyVolStateOnline system, and Library Resource System.
Please refer to the Step-by-Step Guide for using the Pride Online registration system.