Welcome to Vol State! We have more than 70 academic programs to choose from and hundreds of classes in a variety of times, locations and formats. We believe in strong student support and an active campus life. These links will help you explore what we have to offer and get started in the admissions process.
What can I study?
- Degree and Certificate Programs
- Tennessee Transfer Pathways - A direct path from Vol State to 4-Year Colleges and Universities.
- Continuing Education
How do I pay for college?
How do I get in?
You can do everything online if you choose. You can also apply and register in-person. If you need any help along the way be sure to contact the Admissions Office at (615) 230 - 3688 or in the Ramer building room 173.
- The first step is to fill out an application.
- Once your application is processed you will receive a welcome packet in the mail.
- Any questions or concerns you have before you receive your welcome packet should be directed to the Office of Admissions.
- Distance Learning includes online courses, videotape courses, CD-ROM courses, etc.
- Regents Online – earn a degree online
- Dual Enrollment and Special Programs for High School Students
- Weekend College
- Service Learning
- Class Schedule
- Academic Calendar
- Division of Academic Affairs
- Book Store
Help & Support
Some of these links are also available in the Help Center located at the top of this and most other Vol State web pages.
- College Success Zone
- Student Strategies for Learning Online
- Online Student Orientation
- Online Registration Tutorial
- Office of Career Placement – find a job
- Campus Police
- Advising Center – when in doubt, talk to an advisor
- Disability Services
- Find a Tutor
- Student Discounts
- Health Services
- Language Center
- Office of Retention Support Services – we help you stay in school
- Division of Student Services
- Student Support Services (TRIO)
- Office of Veterans Affairs
Information For or About Students
- Academic Calendar
- Information for Spanish speakers
- Records and Registration Office
- Information About Transfer Credits
- Credit for Life
- Thigpen Library
- Student Handbook
- Math on the Job
- Paths to Success