Help & Resources
Where to Get Help?
If you have any questions about Financial Aid Programs at Vol State, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (615) 230-3456 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
TWO STEPS TO ONLINE FINANCIAL AID
FAFSA on the Web (www.fafsa.ed.gov) - Before you complete your FAFSA on line, be sure that you have a PIN number to use in place of your signature. Volunteer State's six digit school code for FAFSA purposes is 009912.
- Apply for a U.S. Department of Education PIN now by visiting www.pin.ed.gov. If you are a dependent student, your parents should also apply for a PIN. With your PINs, you and your parents can electronically sign your online FAFSA, making the application process simpler and faster.
INFORMATIONAL FINANCIAL AID WEB SITES
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program - The Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation provides lottery scholarship information at: www.tn.gov/CollegePays
The College Navigator is a web site designed to assist you in finding the college that is right for you. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
HOW TO PRINT A DEGREE EVALUATION
- Log in to your Vol State Portal (https://portal.volstate.edu)
- Select the “Pride Online” tab
- Under the “Student Records” section click the “Degree Evaluation” link
- If no term has already been selected, then you will be prompted to select the current term.
- The curriculum information will display. If this is the correct major/program select “Generate New Evaluation”. Select the radio button next to the curriculum. Be sure that “Use In-Progress Courses” is checked so courses you are currently registered in will be used in the evaluation. Then change the “Term” to the most current term before selecting “Generate Request”.
- If the curriculum information displayed is not the major/program you are pursuing you must complete a Change of Major/Program form in the Office of Admissions. Once this form is processed, you will be able to log back into your Vol State Portal account to print your degree evaluation.
- The final step is to PRINT! Select “Print Preview” first to make sure that all the pages will print. You may need to change the setting at the top of the print preview screen from “As laid out on screen” to “Only the selected frame” – this will change the settings so that all the degree evaluation will print.