Things you can do with MyVolstateOnline Email
- Get to MyVolstateOnline Email
- See messages that were sent to me
- Reply, Reply All or Forward messages
- Compose new message
- Delete a message
- Create folders
- Move a message between folders
- What can I do with the Settings
Known problems with MyVolstateOnline Email:
- If you click on Compose, Reply, Reply All or Forward nothing happens, this is because you are Blocking Pop Ups. Your Browser, Browser Toolbars by Yahoo, Google or MSN, Firewalls and Antivirus can all have a Pop Up Blocker and you need to disable all of them.
- The Filter By: dropdown menu does not work when it is set to a specific course. You must have it set to All Messages to see any messages.
Get into MyVolstateOnline Email
Access your MyVolstateOnline email tool from the Email link on your top navigation bar.
See messages that were sent to me
- Click on the Inbox Folder. After choosing the Inbox, make sure to select "All Messages" from the "Filter By" drop down menu.
- Click on the Subject line of the email message.
- Sometimes the Message Preview Pane, located at the bottom of the screen, will not display properly because it is hidden at the bottom of the screen and appears as a small slice of the screen. To fix this, rest your mouse on top of the grey bar that is just above Message Preview. Hold down the Left Mouse button and drag it up the screen so that you can see the rest of the message. You can also change your Settings from the Message Preview pane to a Viewing Messages in a New Window.
Reply, Reply All or Forward messages
You must be viewing the message, before doing any of the following steps.
Once you are viewing the message, you need to click on the icons across the top of the screen. The Reply Icon will open a new window that will have the sender's email adress already loaded into it. When you are done, remember to click Send. The Reply All icon will open a new window with everyone's addresses already loaded into the correct fields. The Forward Icon will open a new window with the old message in it, but no email addresses in the “To:” field.
Compose New Message
- Click compose icon
- Click Address book to find contact name
- Click box to left of name(s) to select
- Click To; CC; or BCC link
- Click Add Recipients to return to compose field
- Compose Message. The built in HTML editor provides easy formatting options. The Basic tab has spell check, bold, italics and bullets. The advanced tab provides additional formatting options such as insert graphics, equation editor and more
- Attachments can be added by clicking the attachment option
NOTE: The HTML editor with Basic and Advanced tabs only works with Internet Explorer and Fireox!
Delete a message
When you are viewing a message you can click on the Move To Trash icon and this will move the message to the trash.
You can also delete several messages at once by using the checkboxes next to each message and then the Trash Can Icon above the messages.
- Click on the Folder Management icon from the main MyVolstateOnline Email screen.
- You can use the Edit Icons along the right side of the screen to change the Folder Names. You can also click on the New Folder icon along the top of the screen, which will bring you to another screen where you can create Folders to organize your email Messages and your Contacts.
- If you click on the New Folder Icon a screen will come up asking you to choose if this folder is to help you organize the Messages or Contacts. Then you will need to give the Folder a Name and decide if you want the new folder to be organized underneath (inside of) another folder (Parent Folder). You can click “Save and New” if your are creating several folders at a time or just “Save” if you only need to create one folder. After clicking on Save you will need to click on Message list to return to the main email screen.
Move a message between folders
Once you have your folders built (see creating folders for more information) you can now return to the Message List and use the check boxes next to each email message and then use Move To drop down menu to select the folder that you want the messages moved to. They will then automatically move to the desired folder.
What can I do with the Settings?
There are several things you can do with Settings, but we highly recommend that you check the check box that will let you Save a copy of each outgoing message to the Sent Mail folder with the exception of “Include original message in email replies” your email settings should match those below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can MyVolstateOnline email be forwarded to an external email address so I only have to check one email?
- No, MyVolstateOnline email is an internal email client and cannot be forwarded.
- Can MyVolstateOnline email address listed in the Classlist of my course be changed to my student VSCC email address?
- No, the email address within MyVolstateOnline is automatically generated for each student.
- Is there any way to have MyVolstateOnline email to notify me when I have new mail?
- You must access MyVolstateOnline to view any new mail you received in your MyVolstateOnline email account. If you have new mail, the icon will appear on the navigation bar.