Earn your degree in Criminal Justice at Vol State
With the Vol State Criminal Justice Program you’ll learn from experts in the field such as detectives, patrol officers, federal agents, prosecutors and probation/parole officers. Discover the Vol State Criminal Justice difference, we provide engaging hands-on teaching and learning.
- Small, dynamic classes
- Latest technology and instruction
- Take courses on-campus or online
- Diverse curriculum (law enforcement, investigation, criminal law, and corrections)
Students who wish to transfer to a four-year university or college to complete a bachelor's degree after graduating will pursue the Associate of Science in Criminal Justice, Tennessee Transfer Pathway Degree (A.S.TTP)
Students who do not intend on transferring to a four-year university or college, and wish to find employment in criminal justice after graduating will pursue the Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice (A.A.S.)
Earn credits for your relevant experience
Through our Prior Learning Assessment, we may offer college credit for POST law enforcement or corrections Academy training.
Fast track degree option
This quickest, most organized way to a degree is usually the best option for most students
- Complete your Associate of Science (AS) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in 18 months
- Obtain your Criminal Justice Technical Certificate in one semester
- A pre-set list of classes, dates, times, and location
- Students build relationships with people who have similar goals