The purpose of the Curriculum Committee is to ensure academic excellence. This committee is responsible for recommending curriculum improvements in the credit instructional program. It serves in an advisory capacity to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Establish and maintain strong and fully accredited academic programs, including course descriptions, prerequisites, outcomes, and helping to ensure that the College offerings are in accordance with standards established by accrediting agencies.
- Working closely with the academic divisions, approve or deny course additions, deletions and modifications, changes in certificate and degree programs, and additions and deletions of certificate and degree programs.
- Monitor and review instructional standards, including outcomes assessment, making recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Provide an appropriate mechanism (forms) for submitting curriculum issues to the committee.
- Assist with catalog revision concerning curriculum updates.
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- One (1) division Dean
- Two (2) Faculty members from each academic division
- Director of International Education
- Director of Career Placement, Cooperative Education, and Service Learning
- One representative from the Advising Center
- One representative from the Library faculty
- At-large members: 5
Total membership: 18
Ex-Officio: Registrar, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Chair of Instruction Committee, Director of Diversity, Graduation Analyst, Transcript Analyst
Initial Meeting: Week Two (2), Wednesday, 2:30 p.m.