The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to promote the professional development of all College employees.
- Develop and maintain guidelines for professional development, to include
- Definition of professional development, including individual and group travel,
- Procedures for applying for funds,
- Criteria for awarding of funds,
- Fund professional development initiatives
- Identification of benefits to the College
- Appeals process.
- Identify common professional development needs of employees and sponsor appropriate activities to meet those needs.
- Identify common professional development needs of specific groups of employees and sponsor appropriate activities to meet those needs.
- Develop and maintain procedures for requesting and approving mini-grants for professional development initiatives.
- Create and distribute a calendar listing available professional development activities.
- Plan designated professional development days.
- Plan Fall Convocation.
Vice President of Resource Development
- Three (3) faculty members inclusive of one Faculty Council representative
- Three (3) support staff inclusive of one Staff Council representative
- One (1) Executive Council representative
- One (1) representative of Human Resources
- One administrator or professional staff from each of the following:
- Academic Affairs
- Business and Finance
- Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment
- Public Relations
- Resource Development
- Student Services
- One representative from Plant Operations
- Assistant Vice President of Continuing Education
- Total Membership: 16-19
- At-large members: 3 (2 must be faculty)
Ex Officio: Vice President of Resource Development