Intellectual Property Advisory Committee (an ad hoc committee formed to serve as needed)
Develop and recommend policies and procedures governing patents and copyrights that are consistent with VSCC Intellectual Property/Patents and Copyright Policy V:01:06 and with Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Policy5:01:06:00.
- The Committee shall receive Disclosure Forms for evaluation of the ownership, patentability and/or commercial potential of the invention or work. Their review shall include interviews with the Inventor or Author and other persons as needed to make this evaluation.
- The Committee shall provide to the President its recommendations as to ownership of the intellectual property, whether patent protection should be sought, and whether to seek commercialization opportuni- ties.
- The Committee shall conduct investigations as it deems necessary in the preparation of its recommenda- tions to the President.
- The Committee shall also generally advise the President in all matters relating to this Policy.
- The Committee will arrange to have activities undertaken to seek patent protection, copyright registration, and/or commercialization of the intellectual property upon the President's decision to do so.
Reports to the President (or his designee)
- Faculty Council Speaker
- Staff Council Speaker
- SGA President or Representative
- Director of Purchasing
- Relevant Dean(s)
- Vice President of Academic Affairs
- Faculty and others at the discretion of the President