The purpose of the Diversity Committee is to promote awareness of and increase diversity at the College.
- Advise the Director of Human Resources about activities that enhance diversity in the work environment.
- Advise the Vice President of Student Services and Director of Student Life about activities that enhance the college experience for minority students from recruitment through graduation.
- Provide education activities including, but not limited, to workshops, speakers, and social events.
- Monitor the progress of the college diversification process.
- Recommend and monitor activities designed to increase the diversity of the College through recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
Reports to the Vice President of Student Services
- One (1) advisor to E.S.O.L.
- Counselor of Student Support Services Advisor of Gay-Straight Alliance
- Advisor of A.A.S.U.
- One (1) representative of Student Services
- One (1) representative of Business & Finance
- One (1) representative of Developmental Studies
- Maxine Smith Fellow (if available)
- Student representation: 2
- Total membership: 10-13
- At-large members: 3 (2 must be faculty)
Ex-Officio: Vice President of Student Services, Director of Human Resources, Director of Student Life