Campus Facilities Committee
The purpose of the Campus Facilities Committee is to review, monitor, draft and recommend policies and procedures, guidelines and plans that affect college facilities owned, leased, or used by the College.
- Facilitate communication among the various campus constituencies with regard to facilities use.
- Review campus rules and regulations affecting access to and use of the campus facilities by staff, administration, students, and the community.
- Review existing policies and practices as well as propose projects that may significantly impact the aesthetic quality of the college campus, the health, and security of individuals within the campus community, or the ability of the institution to fulfill its stated mission.
- Review and draft rules and regulations concerned with traffic and parking on campus.
- Review, draft and recommend exigency policies where campus facilities are concerned.
- Promote awareness of and coordinate the recycling efforts of the College and address environmental issues. The committee also establishes criteria for and funds recycling scholarships.
- Promote health and safety among College constituents and recommend activities to the offices charged with ensuring the health and safety of students, employees or other users of the College.
- Review the college’s comprehensive health and safety plan.
Reports to the Vice President of Business and Finance
- One (1) representative from Plant Operations
- One (1) representative from Safety and Security
- One (1) representative from Disabilities
- One (1) representative from Facilities
- Chair of Health & Physical Education Department
- Coordinator of Health & Safety
- Student representation: 3 (including current Recycling Scholarship Winner)
- At-large members: 9 (2 must be faculty)
- Total membership: 11 — 18
Ex-Officio: Vice President of Student Services, Vice President of Business and Finance, Director of Facilities