The purpose of the Athletics Committee is to ensure that the Athletic Program operates on sound principles as it relates to recruitment, admission, eligibility, fundraising, and graduation of its athletes, and to monitor and ensure compliance with Title IX.
- Review and recommend strategies for ensuring that there is equity among all intercollegiate sports.
- Review and monitor compliance with internal policies and external agencies (e.g. NJCAA, etc.)
- Review and maintain Athletic Student Handbook.
- Review and monitor the athletic mentoring program.
- Promote academic excellence resulting in increased retention and graduation rates among athletes.
- Evaluate the athletic program.
Reports to the Vice President of Student Services
- Two representatives from the Athletic Department
- Two faculty outside Athletic Department
- One representative from the Advising Center
- One representative from Business and Finance
- One representative from Admissions
- One representative from Financial Aid
- One representative from Records
- Foundation Accounts Manager
- Student representation: 2 (one athlete, one non-athlete)
- Total membership: 12 - 15
- At-large members: 3
Ex-Officio: Director of Athletics, Vice President of Student Services