Dental Assistant —
Dental Assistants keep the tools clean, sterilized and ready for use. A Dental Assistant uses many precise instruments, including saliva extractors, high-speed rotary hand pieces and forceps that hold a patient’s tongue out of the way.
- Hand pieces and accessories – electronic endodontic, electrical general dentistry, electrical surgical, high-speed, slow-speed and rotary hand pieces
- Cleaning and sterilizing equipment – ultrasonic sterilizing units, autoclaves, steam cleaning equipment, steam sterilizers and chemiclaves
- Orthodontic equipment – brackets, band pushers and setters, headgear, and several types of pliers, including band seating, crimping, wire countering and torqueing
- Dental dam supplies – molar clamps, rubber dam forceps, rubber dam punches and rubber dams
- Dental forceps – cotton, extracting, hemostatic, splinter and tongue forceps
- Other tools – saliva evacuators, collar and crown scissors, syringes, polishing kits, dental probes, casting systems and filling instruments