Building Inspector I: Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector
Sumner County Building and Codes Department -
Date Posted: August 27, 2014 - 12:08 PM
The Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector performs independent work utilizing strong knowledge and abilities on commercial and residential projects. This position ensures compliance with codes, county ordinances and other regulations. The Building and Codes Department fosters an environment of collaboration and teamwork dedicated to public service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting plumbing, mechanical systems and building construction with an emphasis on residential buildings; enforcing compliance with building, plumbing and mechanical codes and ordinances. Also responsible for reviewing plans for compliance with building codes and zoning ordinances.
Job RequirementsQualifications include:
• Knowledge and skills typically acquired through graduation from high school or equivalent.
• ICC certified plumbing inspector or two (2) years of experience related to plumbing systems is required beyond an apprenticeship. The position requires the years of experience to be journey level, received after completion of an apprenticeship program, which equates to a minimum of six (6) years of total experience.
• ICC certified mechanical inspector or two (2) years of experience related to mechanical systems is required beyond an apprenticeship. The position requires the years of experience to be journey level, received after completion of an apprenticeship program, which equates to a minimum of six (6) years of total experience.
• Considerable knowledge of the codes, laws, and ordinances relating to plumbing and mechanical installations and operations.
• Knowledge of computer operations including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
• Must possess a valid State of Tennessee driver’s license or obtain one within (30) days of employment.
Experience: 5 or more years
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F||$44,500 annually plus benefits||Full time||September 17, 2014|
Company Description Sumner County has an excellent opportunity for a demonstrated codes professional to join our Building and Codes Department as a Building Inspector I Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector. Strong candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of applicable codes and exceptional interpersonal communication skills to effectively work with citizens, contractors and coworkers.
Contact Information Building Commissioner