Associate Staff Vacancy - UniServ Associate
Tennessee Education Association -
Date Posted: August 27, 2014 - 08:08 AM
Job DescriptionJob Description for UniServ Associate
1. Report directly to and be primarily responsible to the Assistant Executive Director for Field Organizing.
2. Provide general clerical and secretarial services for the Assistant Executive Director for Field Organizing and assigned UniServ coordinators. These duties include typing (flyers, training materials, agendas, letters, postcards, etc.), filing, mailing, collecting, creating and collating materials as well as assembling training packets and various internal and external communications.
3. Assist professional staff in responding to member requests for UniServ and organizing information, and other affiliate related topics.
4. Assist in the planning, logistics, and implementation of conferences, workshops and meetings.
5. Prepare and assemble materials for presentations, workshops and speeches conducted by UniServ and organizing staff or other staff members as requested.
6. Provide clerical services for TEA committees-commissions and sections as assigned. Examples include: preparing information for committee-commission meetings, assist in preparing the minutes of meetings provided by professional staff liaison, preparing committee-commission reports for the TEA Board, preparing and mailing/emailing correspondence and information to committee-commission members between meetings.
7. Assist with gathering contact information and maintaining a database of local affiliate officers, action teams and committee chairpersons.
8. Coordinate the distribution of information relative to field organizing and affiliate capacity and events to members and external agencies, using postal mail, email and the TEA network.
9. Assist with the distribution of incoming and outgoing mail for TEA Staff.
10. Transport staff and members using TEA vehicles to and from the legislature and external policy events when requested.
11. Accept such other responsibilities as may be requested by the assigned UniServ Coordinators and the Assistant Executive Directors.
12. Work regularly scheduled switchboard duty as well as relief schedule in absence of receptionist.
13. When necessary provide assistance to other Associate staff and colleagues in the carrying out of their work as assigned.
14. Accept other responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Executive Directors and the TEA Executive Director.
Job RequirementsASSOCIATE STAFF VACANCY POSTING
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the UniServ Associate position. Application, letter and resume should be sent to the Executive Associate, Jill Poss at email@example.com. Applications will be shared with Duran Williams, Assistant Executive Director of Field Organizing & Organizing Support and Carolyn Crowder, Executive Director.
Interested candidates may obtain an application at www.teateachers@org or by contacting Jill Poss. The job description is attached. The skill, knowledge and compatibility requirements include advance level in MS-Word, intermediate skill levels in the use of MS-Excel and intermediate user knowledge of computer technology. Candidates must have above average attendance and punctuality records and a positive reputation of working well with colleagues and members.
The salary for the position will be based on the salary schedule contained in the current TEA/TAS Agreement. Applications and hard copies of the job description may also be requested by emailing Jill Poss at firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.||The salary for the position will be based on the salary schedule contained in the current TEA/TAS Agreement.||Full time||September 16, 2014|
Company Description Our mission
The mission of the Tennessee Education Association (TEA) is to promote, advance and protect public education, the education profession, and the rights and interests of our members.
We are the state's largest professional organization representing over 46,000 elementary and secondary teachers, school administrators, education support professionals, higher education faculty, and students preparing to become teachers.
TEA actively advocates learning without limits, and our work centers around our core values - community, effectiveness, independence, justice, relevancy, success, unity, and the worth and dignity of individuals.
TEA will define and pursue improvements and appropriate funding for quality public education.
TEA will advocate autonomy, appropriate preparation and the highest standards for the education profession.
TEA will seek compensation and working conditions necessary to attract and retain highly qualified education employees.
TEA will initiate, preserve and strengthen advocacy programs.
TEA will enroll its maximum membership potential and encourage greater member participation in the organization.
TEA will provide the organization structure and budget to accomplish our mission.
Contact Information Jill Poss