Solution Specialist - Remote IT Support
NSG, LLC -
Date Posted: July 09, 2014 - 04:07 PM
Job DescriptionObjective: Solution Specialists act as the first point of contact for our clients who need IT support. As a Solution Specialist, you will work directly with customers on a consulting basis to assist with all aspects of IT management. NSG’s business model is focused on delivering an excellent customer experience; therefore our Solution Specialists play a critical role in NSG’s ability to efficiently and consistently deliver excellence to our clients.
Daily Duties (70%)
The Solution Specialist will work directly with customers on a technical basis to quickly and effectively restore 100% functions related to technology.
• Manage a web based support queue of tickets assigned and show initiative to address items based on priority
• Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components in a cost effective and efficient manner
• Maintain records in the ticketing system to reflect the time billed for an issue accompanied by detailed notes for client resolution.
• Daily investigation and resolution of alerts to ensure that all network components are running successfully.
Periodic Duties (20%)
The Solution Specialist will be responsible for periodic duties as follows:
• Primary resource for the execution of monthly reoccurring tickets in the ticketing system
• Research, test and deploy new technology and/or providers.
• Gather data pertaining to customer needs and use the information to identify
Irregular Duties (10%)
• Assist with training/onboarding of future personnel....
• Participate in a 24x7 On-Call rotation
Job RequirementsREQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
Related Work Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Although not required for the position, the following knowledge is preferred:
Proficiency with computing hardware including:
• Desktop and Laptop computer configuration and BIOS knowledge
• Networking knowledge: router, firewall, WAP, switches
• Servers: SCSI configuration, Raid arrays, Backup tape drives
Proficiency with computer software including:
• MS Windows Server, MS SQL Server, MS Exchange Server
• DHCP, DNS, TCPIP, RRAS, Terminal Services
• Microsoft Office 2003, 2007, 2010
• Desktop Imaging & Standardization
• Backup Software, devices and media
Experience: 2 years
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|40||$30-45K Salary + Bonus + Benefits||Full time||July 22, 2014|
Company Description We build long-term client relationships based on mutual trust and respect by maximizing our most important asset – Our Team. We execute with exceptional customer service, personal communication and innovation to proactively deliver solutions that increase our client’s productivity.
Contact Information Mary Pogue