Bilingual Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator
STEM Preparatory Academy -
Date Posted: September 08, 2015 - 01:09 PM
Job DescriptionSTEM Preparatory Academy seeks am energetic, mission and results driven Bilingual Enrollment and Community Coordinator to support the execution of exceptional family and community outreach programs and the STEM Prep culture and community of excellence across schools in the organization’s growing network.
STEM Prep believes that excellent schools are deeply and broadly tied to the communities they serve. To this end, the coordinator’s role will focus on supporting our network of schools in building relationships with community members and families through supporting our outreach and recruitment process. The coordinator will assist in supporting school recruitment and enrollment events within our targeted neighborhoods, provide support to perspective and incoming families, and manage all of our outreach data and student applications. The coordinator will report directly to the Director of Community Engagement and Outreach.
Fluency in both English and Arabic or English and Spanish is required.
Job RequirementsAdministrative Assistance
• Enter, track and file information related to outreach events and prospective students across our network of schools.
• Preparation of letters, mailers, and flyers for recruitment, enrollment and family activities for our network of schools.
• Support and assist perspective and incoming families with questions regarding our network of schools, application status, the enrollment process and outreach activities.
• Facilitate phone calls to parents and families.
• Mobilizing and coordinate families for outreach events, and engagement and volunteer opportunities.
• Assist with recruitment, enrollment and engagement needs when Director is unavailable.
• Provide coverage and support in outreach, recruitment and enrollment events.
• Support and host family engagement and recruitment event inside and outside of school.
• Plan and collaborate with STEM Prep to reach shared goals and objectives.
Characteristics and Qualifications:
• Unquestioned integrity and commitment to STEM Prep’s mission, vision and core values.
• A self-starter interested in working in a fast-paced, startup environment that requires flexible roles.
• A high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
• A team-oriented approach and the ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to give constructive feedback to facilitate student growth and academic achievement.
• Openness to learn new skills and to receive feedback on issues that will facilitate growth and achievement of students, faculty and staff.
• Experience and a desire to work with diverse families in urban environments.
• Skilled at using computer software such as Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Experience with various data entry programs.
• Attention to detail.
• Evidence of previous experience in education settings preferred.
• High school diploma required. Two- or four-year college preferred.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Arabic required.
• Ability to work some nights and weekends.
• Access to a car and current driver’s license in good standing.
Education: AssociateĂ•s degree
Experience: 1 year
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|full time||based on experience||Full time||October 07, 2015|
Company Description STEM Preparatory Academy is a public charter network established in Nashville in 2011. STEM Preparatory Academy is a 5th through 8th grade middle school dedicated to delivering a rigorous, college preparatory education with a specialized focus on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. STEM Prep High school opened its doors in 2015. By cultivating a community of learning and academic excellence, STEM Prep will bolster the number of underrepresented students who successfully complete advanced level secondary coursework and attain college degrees.
In steadfast support of our students and families, STEM Preparatory Academy is founded upon and firmly committed to three core beliefs. These core beliefs underpin STEM Prep’s design and daily execution of our mission.
1. Every child deserves a rigorous, college preparatory education delivered by highly effective teachers.
2. A culture of accountability and high expectations develops learners and leaders.
3. Excellent schools are deeply and broadly tied to the communities they serve.
STEM Preparatory Academy services Southeast Nashville, particularly students residing in the Glencliff and Antioch school clusters.
Contact Information Charlie Williams