Director of Youth Ministries
First United Methodist Church -
Date Posted: August 06, 2015 - 12:08 PM
Job DescriptionThe Director of Youth Ministries will oversee all ministries that relate to youth grades 6th through 12th and their families. The Director of Youth Ministries will oversee the youth ministry and will be responsible for the implementation of its mission and vision. The Director will be responsible to encourage and equip the youth and their families to pursue an intimate relationship with God, to recruit, lead and support lay persons who are called to use their gifts in ministry with youth.
1. Attend all staff meetings.
2. Supervise youth volunteer leaders, youth council. recruit, train, equip and maintain a leadership base.
3. Work with ministry staff to create team ministry concept for the overall church ministry.
4. Plan, promote, support and give leadership to a vital and active Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night program for youth; this includes planning and implementing meetings, events which are designed to reach the youth in the church and community.
5. Promote growth of the Youth Ministry, emphasizing outreach to the youth in the community.
6. Plan and implement creative worship that is designed specifically for youth, utilizing resources such as media and technology, video and live drama, youth led music, and speakers.
7. Promote, model and encourage youth and their families to be involved in all areas of the church.
8. Promote leadership opportunities for youth such as missions, community service, education and worship.
9. Build relationships of trust and familiarity with parents, youth and volunteers.
10. Coordinate fundraising activities which promote and involve all youth.
11. Oversee the yearly Confirmation Class of youth and their parents.
12. Attend and participate in all youth programming.
13. Any additional responsibilities assigned by the Lead Pastor
1. The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for knowing all the youth and their families.
2. The Director of Youth Ministries will establish a consistent system for follow up for current youth, inactive youth and visitors.
3. The Director of Youth Ministries will participate in community events that youth are active in such as school events.
4. The Director of Youth Ministries will be available to youth and their families to provide counsel and support maintaining strict confidentiality.
1. Council of Stewards
2. Church Staff
3. Youth Council
4. Family Ministry
Job RequirementsSKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Training and at least 3 years experience in youth ministry. College degree preferred.
2. Skilled and efficient in the design and delivery of challenging, enriching and innovative activities that meet the needs of the youth for the enhancement of their spiritual growth.
3. Possess outstanding communication skills, present information in a variety of ways, emphasizing the importance of a relationship with God in Christ.
4. Teaching the Word of God through Bible studies, preaching, Sunday School and discipleship.
5. An active team member who effectively collaborates with all levels of staff relations and establishes quality relationships with the youth and their parents.
6. A high intensity and passion for youth and their families.
7. An ability to teach and apply the beliefs of the United Methodist Church in all programming.
8. Curriculum design and development
9. Small groups leading
10. Logistical planning
11. Large and small group management
12. Ability to lead worship for youth and their families
Education: BachelorŐs degree
Experience: 3 years
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|Regular office hours Plus||To Be Discussed||Full time||September 01, 2015|
Company Description First United Methodist Church of Gallatin has been a place of worship in the Wesleyan Tradition since 1788 when there were only a few Methodist Societies in Sumner County. In 1828 this church officially became First Methodist Church of Gallatin. Over the 170 plus years of its existence First United Methodist Church has sought to fulfill Jesus’ call for His followers to proclaim the Gospel to the world. As the years have passed and many changes have taken place, yet one thing has remained true for us, the necessity to love God wholeheartedly, and to serve our neighbor with the unconditional, and never failing love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Contact Information Jerry K. Wallace