Comcast Installation Technician
Comcast Cable -
Date Posted: June 09, 2015 - 08:06 AM
Job DescriptionJob Summary:
Responsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the
skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of the tasks
relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities.
Provides written and field assessments, meeting/exceeding Comcast
Employee Standards, and supervisor approval will be used to determine
advancement to the next level. Functions in an entry-level, trainee
position with an increasing degree of proficiency and decreasing degree
of supervision with regard to those skills and tasks for which training
and instruction are received during tenure in this position. This
position is typically the start of the employee's telecommunications
career. Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required
training, certifications, and safety requirements.
- Performs reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of
service, while adhering to: Comcast procedures and safe work practices,
NEC and NESC requirements, and local ordinances in order to provide (or
remove) services to the customer. Pre-wires single dwelling units and
multiple dwelling units (MDUs) in order to provide ready hook-up
capabilities at the time of moving in.
- Completes associated paperwork with each work order in a timely manner
in order to ensure all details of the work are recorded for entry in the
customerís account once the work is checked in.
- Performs service calls. Reviews all requested services with the
customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement. Troubleshoots
the drop from the tap to the customerís equipment. Installs and removes
converters in order to provide customer with upgrades or downgrades in
service and determines acceptability of service by reviewing picture
quality following connection of cable service in order to provide the
best possible service for the customer.
- Provides the customer with materials regarding channel line up, use of
converter, and company policies as they relate to the customer as well
as demonstrates these skills in order to educate the customer on the use
of the equipment and company guidelines.
- Cleans, maintains, and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be
prepared to perform required duties. Inspects existing ground or makes
new ground according to the National Electrical Code (NEC) in order to
protect employees, customers, and equipment from electrical shock or
- Properly operates and maintains installation tools and equipment.
Reports need for vehicle repair or service when required and/or
prescribed. Reports any accidents, losses, injuries, or property damage
to Supervisor and customer when appropriate.
- Applies knowledge and skills of training on the job in order to
prepare for transition to the next level and performs other duties as
requested by Supervisor in order to achieve departmental goals and
- Ability to use basic cable installation tools and hand tools and
perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including climbing
poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers,) ladders, and
bucket trucks (18 to 20 feet,) as determined by the systemís
requirements. Reads general system layouts from blueprints, basic
knowledge of mathematics, cable television products and services.
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC,) the National
Electrical Safety Code (NESC,) the Occupational Safety and Health Act
(OSHA), various state and local codes including G.O. 95 and G.O. 128,
(when applicable,) and the policies and procedures for CATV installation
- Communicates with customers in a clear and straight forward manner.
Proven ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and use hand tools, works in
areas with exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs or more, works in confined spaces
such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time
and performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Works within manufacturerís rated weight capacity for all equipment,
including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and
responsible manner while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4
days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings
- Exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction
areas, or the public in general, may be a concern.
- Able to apply common sense, theory, and experience to decision-making;
able to recognize similarities between past and present situation; able
to identify key issues or use inductive reasoning in complex situations
and to communicate courteously and pro-actively; able to learn
customersí short term and long term needs; see issues from customersí
position, and recommend products or service; able to promote customer
focus in employees and develop partnerships with customers.
- Able to persist and finish projects despite obstacles, or redirect
when necessary; able to follow instructions or take action and address
opportunities with little supervision; able to take extra steps to
prevent mistakes or create opportunities.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Able to use active listening skills or attend to non-verbal cues to
better understand othersí perspectives, behaviors or motivations; able
to empathize with othersí needs and respond sensitively; able to use
good judgment when responding and respond to objections successfully.
- Completion of 45 days (maximum) of service employees must complete the
certification as required. The employee must have successfully completed
the following training programs, Safety Program, Company-specific
training on policies and procedures, Installer Training, Customer
Contact, Product Knowledge and Sales. After the initial 45 days, an
employee may be advanced to the next level provided that there has been
satisfactory development of the necessary skills and ability to perform
the above tasks as determined by the certification assessments including
passing the written assessment, skills assessment and meet Comcast
Employee Standards, and supervisorís approval.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V
Job RequirementsJob Specification:
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Education: High school
Experience: 1 year
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|Mon-Sun 7:30am-8pm (shift varies)||12.75/hr||Full time||July 07, 2015|
Company Description Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worldís best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Contact Information Justin Stone