MPD COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION -
Date Posted: May 14, 2015 - 02:05 PM
Job Description1. Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions, modeling the 5 Star procedures.
2. Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
3. Cash share drafts/checks and process withdrawals; pay out money after verification of signatures and member balances. Refer delinquent loans/negative balances to a supervisor.
4. Assist with mail or email transactions, when directed.
5. Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge on all Teller related credit union products and services, policies and procedures, rules and regulations including robbery procedures.
6. Promote, explain, and cross sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRA’s certificates, debit and credit cards, Home CU (on-line credit union), Travel money, VISA gift cards, and money orders. Issue VISA gift cards, money orders, and credit union certified checks following the Authorization to Sign Checks policy.
7. Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer, verifying proper due dates and payment option. Generate member receipts.
8. Place hold on account for uncollected funds, following the Funds Availability Policy.
9. Count, check, and package coins and currency.
10. Balance cash drawer and checks at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary, following Cash Short/Over Policy
11. Secure cash teller funds as prescribed in Cash Operations Policy.
12. Ensure the teller/lobby area is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc. and maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
13. Demonstrates proficiency in operating computer, fax/copier, calculator, conserving credit union resources. Alerts management to supply need or equipment malfunctions.
14. Check night depository and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
15. Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters relating to credit union business.
16. Shares ideas for improvement within credit union operations.
17. Other as assigned by supervising employees during non-busy times.
Job RequirementsUse Word/Excel in a proficient manner
Education: High school
Experience: No experience required
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|7:30-4 M-Th/ Fri varies/some 1/2 Sat||depends on experience||Full time||May 23, 2015|
Company Description Community Credit Union providing financial services to its members.
Contact Information Nancy Walker