CONSUMER LOAN OFFICER
MPD COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION -
Date Posted: May 14, 2015 - 02:05 PM
1. Gather background information on loan applicants by interviewing loan applicants and obtaining credit bureau reports.
2. Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
3. Pull credit reports for all accounts, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments for any outstanding debts not listed and add them to debts on application.
4. Calculate debt-to-income ratios on loan applications.
5. Calculate how much of a loan applicantís debt is secured and unsecured.
6. Complete loan applications over the phone and/or electronically.
7. Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans.
8. Determine eligibility of loan co-maker from co-makerís statement and credit rating.
9. Approve or deny loan applications in accordance with MPDCU loan policies and guidelines.
10. When a loan is denied, explain reasons for denial in a professional, courteous manner. Work with member to provide recommendations or alternative options for other possible ways to secure a loan in the future.
11. Verify the accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms on approved loan applications.
12. Complete loan documents and disburse loans when approved.
13. Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management direction.
14. Cross-sell lending and other credit union products.
15. Verify Visa credit card payments/cash advances file before transmittal by Data Center..
This job description is not a complete statement of duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
Job Requirements Use Word/Excel software proficiently
Must enjoy working with people
Education: Associate’s degree
Experience: 1 year
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|7:30-4:15 M-TH/some 1/2 Sat/Fr 8-4:45||depends on experience||Full time||May 25, 2015|
Company Description Community credit union providing financial services to its members.
Contact Information Nancy Walker