EHS Specialist - 2nd shift
Trane - Ingersoll Rand -
Date Posted: April 07, 2015 - 01:04 PM
Job DescriptionThe EHS specialist supports the site’s EHS program by providing environmental, safety and health training, implementation of EHS programs, enforcement of policies and procedures and recommends safety improvements. The position is also responsible for driving world class excellence standards in manufacturing processes; recommends and promotes safe and healthy working conditions, assess, inspects and recommends measures for the reduction and elimination of environmental, safety and health risks; participates in the development of the EHS programs, inspects satellite accumulations and hazardous waste storage areas, occasional testing and batching of water samples, and assures operations comply with applicable environmental, health and safety laws/regulations, good business practices and company requirements. This is a second shift position.
Job Requirements• Assists in the development of and maintains EHS policies, procedures, methods to drive overall EHS performance excellence.
• Provides technical expertise, safety training, guidance and coaching on all EHS matters to all levels of plant personnel.
• Ensures regulatory compliance by coordinating all activities and action items.
• Reinforces the importance of working safely in the plant.
• Supports EHS in driving and sustaining a comprehensive and pro-active safety culture.
• Assists in the development of EHS processes and procedures that reduce accidents, injuries and losses
• Participate in safety committee meetings as a technical resource
• Proactively identify and promptly address EHS issues which may affect operations.
• Execute action plans to reduce worker injury rates.
• Assists in the collection, tracking and reporting of EHS metrics
• Conducts site and process EHS inspections and evaluations; IH exposure monitoring/studies, incident analysis, audits hazardous waste accumulation areas, hazardous waste storage, storm water management, etc.
• Provide reports of findings, risk reduction recommendations and corrective measures.
• Conducts workplace inspections for compliance with safety regulations and corporate safety standards.
• Conducts ergonomic assessments.
• Participate as a member on the emergency response team(s).
• Provides training to employees in OSHA programs, hazardous waste, spill response, MSDS, secondary container labeling, etc.
• Occasional testing and batch processing of Pretreatment System Water
• Maintains procedures to minimize waste and ensure environmental compliance with EPA regulations.
Education: BachelorÕs degree
Experience: 2 years
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|3 pm to 11 pm||Negotiable||Full time||May 06, 2015|
Company Description Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), a world leader in creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments, was recognized as the No. 1 Industrial Machinery company on FORTUNE Magazine’s 2015 World’s Most Admired Companies list, climbing to the top following a steady rise over the last three years. The company also ranked No. 9 in the Innovativeness category among all list companies, joining Apple, Google, Amazon and Walt Disney in this prestigious key attribute ranking.
Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® and Trane®—work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a $13 billion global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information.
Contact Information Mark Gabinet