Information for Committee Members
An effective committee is one that knows in advance that something positive will occur as a result of its work. To have something occur, the committee as a whole and each member must be goal directed.
It is important that members…
- attend and participate in all meetings (only your active participation will help to keep the program effective and responsive to the students and communities of interest it serves)
- help to determine committee priorities and ways to achieve them
- suggest and help develop agenda items
- become completely familiar with the specific program they serve
- respect the rights and opinions of other committee members
- promote the program and the profession it serves
Each program has an Advisory Committee Handbook which outlines the program-specific curriculum, mission and other program details, as well as Committee activities and areas of emphasis for the current year. The program-specific Advisory Committee handbooks were developed based on faculty, staff, and Advisory Committee input. In addition to providing members with more detailed program information, a major purpose of the handbook is to align the advisory committee process with the College mission and vision.
Find Your Handbook
This website was developed in part with funds received under Title I of the Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Act of 2006.