You may also be interested in our PDF Fact Sheet.
- Vol State students receive more than $15 million in Financial Aid each school year
- The College Foundation provides more than $250,000 a year in student scholarships
- Volunteer State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the Associate Degree and certificates. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679 - 4500 for questions about the accreditation of Volunteer State Community College.
- Founded in 1971
- Serving a 12 county area from Metro Nashville to the Cumberland Plateau
- 16 buildings on 100 acres
- An enrollment of more than 8,000 students
- Average student age: 24.8
- Females – 64%
- Males – 36%
- Instructor to student ratio: 1 instructor for every 21 students
- Volunteer State contributes more than $62 million a year into the local economy.
- Volunteer State is the third largest employer in Sumner County.
- 750 full and part-time employees
- $21 million annually in wages
- $7 million in operating expenses