Weekend college classes are designed to meet the needs of those who work traditional schedules both during the day and at night. These classes meet on a combination of Friday evenings and Saturdays during the semester. Courses range from a full fifteen week series of classes which meet for 2 to 3 hour sessions on Saturday mornings to concentrated five week sessions usually involving 3 hours on Friday nights and a full day on Saturday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Classes are offered in traditional classroom format and in a hybrid format.
Online classes are great for flexibility. You can do the course work wherever you want and quite often whenever you want. They can fit your schedule and your needs. However, some people also want one-on-one interaction with an instructor.
A hybrid course combines the best of both worlds: the flexibility of online learning with the personal interaction of traditional class meetings. Hybrid courses involve 25 percent of the work in a traditional classroom setting on campus or at one of the learning sites. The other 75 percent of course work happens online.
The variety and number of hybrid courses is expanding each semester. They're now offered in the evening, during the day, on weekends and at several of our learning locations and the main campus.