The Executive Council serves as the chief recommending body for strategic and short-term planning of the institution. The Council operates in consultation with and under the direction of the President's Cabinet. It is a broad-based, deliberative, consensus forming body consisting of representatives assigned to serve from each of the grand divisions of the College.
The primary role of the Council is to:
- Review the College's mission statement for relevancy and accuracy
- Address problems, deficiencies, critical opportunities of global concern
- Recommend strategic and short-term goals and initiatives
- Facilitate input from and communication with a broad-based campus population
- Staff projects assigned by the Cabinet
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to the College's planning process
Membership of the Executive Council
Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment (Liaison to Cabinet)
- Faculty Council Chair
- Professional Staff Council Chair
- Support Staff Council Chair
- Student Government Association President (ex-officio)
- Settler Editor (ex-officio)
- Internal Auditor (ex-officio)
The President and Vice Presidents will appoint the general membership of the Council. The membership will represent each grand division. Chair of Council, in coordination with the Cabinet, will periodically review membership of the Council to ensure appropriate representation from each grand division of the College.
Note: Cabinet members, with the exception of Chair of Council, do not serve on the Executive Council.