Contact a Recycling Committee member at Recycling.Committee@volstate.edu.
For scholarship information, call (615) 230 - 3506.
To provide convenient and manageable opportunities for VSCC faculty, staff, students, and visitors to participate in a cost-efficient and effective recycling and waste reduction program throughout campus.
To educate and encourage faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the need to recycle, the benefits of recycling, and provide opportunities to do so.
What We Do
Meet on a routine basis to:
- Provide ample amounts of collection containers throughout the campus including offices and classrooms.
- Coordinate recycling of all products collected.
- Increase awareness of the benefits of recycling to faculty, students and visitors.
- Negotiate disposal contracts with various companies throughout the middle Tennessee area.
- Continually look for new items and ways to recycle.
- Oversee recycling scholarship and endowment programs.
Agenda and Meeting Minutes
A $500.00 (one semester) scholarship will be awarded to a current, VSCC degree-seeking student taking a minimum of six (6) credit hours who has an interest in recycling.
Student must have a current GPA of 2.75 and is required to serve as an active member on the Recycling Committee. Recipient must attend each Recycling Committee meeting.
Criteria for award is based on (1st) GPA (2nd) accomplishments in recycling and other environmental activities and (3rd) financial need.
Application deadlines are March 15 for the Fall semester and October 15 for the Spring semester.
Applications are available on campus at the Financial Aid Office of the Randy & Lois Wood Campus Center, room 100 (downstairs on the ground floor) or at the Foundation Office in the Betty Gibson Hall on Gap Blvd.
Call 230-3506 for additional information.