III:07:04 Maximum FFELP Loan Limit
To effectively manage the indebtedness of our student borrowers and to control the default rate.
Students will be allowed to borrow a maximum of $16,000 subsidized or unsubsidized, and an additional $8000 (unsubsidized if eligible) based on their major and the professional judgement of the Director for Student Financial Aid.
- Students can borrow two loans as a freshman ($3500 x 2 = $7000).
- Students can borrow two loans as a sophomore ($4500 x 2 = $9000).
- Total Indebtedness allowed is $16,000 is subsidized and unsubsidized loans.
- An additional $8000 unsubsidized can be borrowed by Allied Health majors andon an individual basis as deemed eligible by the Director for Student Financial Aid.
- Transfer students entering VSCC who have exceeded our loan maximum will not beallowed to borrow any additional loans.
VSCC Source: Former III:07:05, April 8, 1999, President; November 26, 2007, President