If you have any questions about Financial Aid Programs at Vol State, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at (615) 230-3456 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Steps to Online Financial Aid
FAFSA on the Web (www.fafsa.ed.gov) - Before you complete your FAFSA on line, be sure that you have a PIN number to use in place of your signature. Volunteer State's six digit school code for FAFSA purposes is 009912.
- Apply for a U.S. Department of Education PIN now by visiting www.pin.ed.gov. If you are a dependent student, your parents should also apply for a PIN. With your PINs, you and your parents can electronically sign your online FAFSA, making the application process simpler and faster.
Informational Financial Aid Websites
Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship Program - The Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation provides lottery scholarship information at: www.tn.gov/CollegePays
The College Navigator is a web site designed to assist you in finding the college that is right for you. http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator
How to Print a Degree Evaluation
- Log in to your Vol State Portal (https://portal.volstate.edu)
- Select the "Academics" tab
- Under the "Quick Links" section click the "DegreeWorks" link
- The system will automatically generate the Degree Audit. If the curriculum information displayed is not the major/program that you are pursuing, you have the option to generate a “What-If” analysis. You must also complete a Change of Major/Program form in the Office of Admissions.
- DegreeWorks begins with the 2011-2012 catalog year; therefore, if your catalog year is older, you will get a message that says “An audit for your catalog year is not available through DegreeWorks. You can use the “What-If” and GPA Calculator functionalities of this system to generate a “What-If” analysis or you may contact the Advising Center at (615)230-3702 to obtain an audit of your current degree completion status.
- The final step is to PRINT! Select the "Print" tab at the top.